INSTALL THE ENCAUSTIC CEMENT TILE1:19 min
CEMENT TILE CUTTING1:01 min
WHAT SIZE SHOULD THE JOINTS BE ?0:30 min
DO NOT USE DYED CEMENT FOR GROUTING0:28 min
MOSAIC SEALER1:27 min
ACID OR ALKALINE PRODUCTS ON THE TILES0:36 min
ABRASION OF TILES0:31 min
CLEAN STAINED FLOOR0:53 min
CRACKS ?0:18 min
Donwload cement tiles laying and protection guide
- Cement tiles must be installed on a well levelled, clean and dry surface. Humid subsoil will cause fur deposits on the tile’s surface.
- Apply the adhesive evenly on the surface the tile is being laid on, using a large-toothed comb trowel. Also apply adhesive on the back of the tile.
- Position the tiles with your hands – without hammering – leaving a thin gap (1 or 2 mm, thickness of a filling-knife) for the joint. A thicker gap should be used with under-floor heating and outdoor installation (min 2mm).
- Once the tiles are installed and the cement adhesive dry, clean the surface by scrubbing it and clear with water. It will remove the thin layer of pigmented dust that can still cover the tiles.
- Use white or light grey grout only, never use dyed or dark grout; pigments from the joint filler might stain the tiles irreversibly.
- Wipe the tiles with a moist sponge before grouting.
- Fill the gap between the tiles using a filling-knife, without spreading the grout on tiles.
- The grout surplus must be cleaned immediately with a wet cloth/sponge.
Never use acid (cement dissolver) to remove the excess or stains of grout.
Treatment with sealer (Mosaic Sealer)
- The sealer is applied after the installation of the cement tiles, over a clean and dry floor.
- Mosaic Sealer is a solvent based sealer that limits water and oil penetration.
- Mosaic Sealer impregnates the tile, reduces its porosity and keeps its natural matt aspect.
- It must be applied with a brush or a roller on a dry and clean surface. One or more successive applications until the tile is saturated. You may buff with a fine cloth to give it an even distribution.
- Do not apply too much. The excess would leave glistening stains on the surface (brush traces).
- Always try the sealer on a loose tile before applying it on the entire surface, in order to measure the grade of absorption of the tiles.
- Clean with natural PH Neutral soap and water.
- Never clean with harsh detergents, acid or alkaline.
- The toughest stains can be smoothed out by scrubbing with an abrasive like Scotch Brite and/or a solvent (White Spirit).
- A regular use of wax (for marble) enhances the colours and protects the cement tiles.
Heavy traffic floors
- Bars, shops, restaurants, etc. These floors require special protection and attention. Please consult us.
- Installation, protection and maintenance video tutorials can be found on our YouTube channel.