VIDEO 3 min
How to install and protect the cement tiles
VIDEOS 10 sec
Frequent errors, questions / answers
Cleaning with slow rotation fiber disc
Use flexible grout in THIN JOINTS
NEVER use pigmented grout filler
PH neutral natural soap for daily maintenance
NEVER grind or use mechanical abrasion
How to cut cement tiles
Cracks and broken corners
Acid and aggressive chemicals on cement tiles
Stains removal with ScotchBrite
- Cement tiles must be installed on a well levelled, clean and dry surface. Humid subsoil will cause fur deposits on the tileís surface.
- Apply the adhesive evenly on the surface, using a large-toothed comb trowel. Also apply adhesive on the back of the tile.
- Position the tiles with your hands Ė without hammering Ė leaving a thin gap (1 or 2 mm, thickness of a filling-knife) for the joint.
- Once tiles installed and the cement adhesive dry, clean the surface by scrubbing it and clear with water. It will remove the thin layer of pigmented dust that can still cover the tiles.
- Never use dyed cement joint filler; pigments from the joint might stain the tiles irreversibly.
- Fill the gap between the tiles using a filling-knife, without spreading the cement joint filler on tiles.
- The cement joint filler surplus must be cleaned immediately with a wet cloth/sponge.
- Never use acid (cement dissolver) to remove the excess or stains of cement joint filler.
- Mosaic Sealer is a solvent based sealer that limits water and oil penetration.
- Mosaic Sealer impregnates the tile, reduces its porosity and keeps its natural matt aspect.
- It must be applied with a brush or a roller on a dry and clean surface. One or more successive applications until the tile is saturated.
- Do not apply too much. The excess would leave glistening stains on the surface (brush traces).
- Always try the sealer on a loose tile before applying it on the entire surface, in order to measure the grade of absorption of the tiles.
- Clean with natural soap and water.
- Never clean with harsh detergents, acid or alkaline.
- The toughest stains can be smoothed out by scrubbing with an abrasive like Scotch Brite and/or a solvent.
Heavy traffic floors
Bars, shops, restaurants, etc. These floors require special protection and attention on a daily maintenance. Please consult us. Donwload cement tiles laying and protection guide