Showroom is closed
from 3rd-25th August
- Cement tiles must be installed on a well levelled, clean and dry surface. Humid subsoil will cause fur deposits on the tile’s surface.
- Apply the adhesive evenly on the surface the tile is being laid on, using a large-toothed comb trowel. Also apply adhesive on the back of the tile.
- Position the tiles with your hands – without hammering – leaving a thin gap (1 or 2 mm, thickness of a filling-knife) for the joint.
- Once the tiles are installed and the cement adhesive dry, clean the surface by scrubbing it and clear with water. It will remove the thin layer of pigmented dust that can still cover the tiles.
- Never use dyed grout; pigments from the joint might stain the tiles irreversibly.
- Fill the gap between the tiles using a filling-knife, without spreading the grout on tiles.
- The grout surplus must be cleaned immediately with a wet cloth/sponge.
- Never use acid (cement dissolver) to remove the excess or stains of grout.
- Mosaic Sealer is a solvent based sealer that limits water and oil penetration.
- Mosaic Sealer impregnates the tile, reduces its porosity and keeps its natural matt aspect.
- It must be applied with a brush or a roller on a dry and clean surface. One or more successive applications until the tile is saturated. You may buff with a fine cloth to give it an even distribution.
- Do not apply too much. The excess would leave glistening stains on the surface (brush traces).
- Always try the sealer on a loose tile before applying it on the entire surface, in order to measure the grade of absorption of the tiles.
- Clean with natural PH Neutral soap and water.
- Never clean with harsh detergents, acid or alkaline.
- The toughest stains can be smoothed out by scrubbing with an abrasive like Scotch Brite and/or a solvent (White Spirit).
Heavy traffic floors
Bars, shops, restaurants, etc. These floors require special protection and attention regarding daily maintenance. Please consult our customer service representatives. Donwload cement tiles laying and protection guide